From 25.5 we will re-open the primary school in line with the regulations provided by the Czech ministry of education. Please, see the information, questionnaire link and sworn statement.
Reopening the school - information for parents
We are currently working on the plans for the reopening of the school. I would like to provide you with some basic information on the subject.
The school will reopen on the 25th May, for Years 1 - 6 only. The higher years including the Flexi Programme students will continue their distance learning as before. Students will be given their new timetables in due course.
Attending school is not compulsory, all students can carry on taking part in the distance learning programme which, however, will become limited due to the school resuming standard operations. Teachers will focus primarily on those children who will be present at school. The students that will continue to study by distance are likely to fall into one of the high-risk groups.
A student that falls into a high-risk group is one for whom one of the following points is applicable, or who shares a household with such a person.
The following are the risk factors as specified by the Ministry of Health.
- Age over 65 accompanied by underlying chronic diseases.
- Chronic lung disease (including moderate and severe asthma) accompanied by long-term systematic medicated treatment.
- Heart or venal disease on a long-term medicated treatment, e.g. hypertension
- Immunocompromised, e.g.
- On immunosuppression (steroids, HIV treatment)
- Cancer treatment
- After an organ or bone marrow transplant
- Severe obesity (BMI over 40kg/m2)
- On diabetes medication
- Chronic kidney disease where temporary or permanent dialysis is needed
- Liver disease (primary or secondary)
Information about lesson organisation
- Lessons will take place between 8 am and 1.50 pm.
- Parents will drop off and pick up children outside the school building.
- Parents are not allowed to enter the school building during lesson time, with the exception of pre-arranged individual meetings with teachers or school management.
- Pupils belonging to the same class will enter the building using the same designated entrance as shown on the enclosed map.
- Children will spend all day in the company of the children belonging to the same class (group). The group members will not change and different groups are not allowed to meet.
- Parents must provide the children with two face masks, one to wear and one in a plastic bag. Another bag to put a used face mask in is also required.
- Lunches - the kitchen at ZS Reznickova will reopen on the 25th May.
- The Afterschool Club will not reopen as yet because children from different groups and of different ages are not allowed to mix. This measure makes any extracurricular activities including clubs impossible. In special circumstances we can look at specific cases and possibly provide after-lesson supervision until 4 pm. However, the standard ASC operation is not possible in these circumstances as we are sure you can appreciate.
- There will be no PE but there will be time dedicated to exercise during lessons. The children will spend as much time as possible outside. This too will be organised in a way to avoid the meeting of various groups.
We would like the parents to sign a sworn statement about the absence of symptoms of contagious viral diseases (attached) which will be handed to the class teacher on the morning of the 25th May before lessons start. Without this document your child unfortunately cannot be allowed to enter the school.
The school follows the rules set by the Ministry of Education.
Finally, we would like to ask you to fill in the attached questionnaire to establish the number of children who will be attending school as of the 25th May.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to welcoming the children back to school.