iSchool is a private British school operating in Olomouc

Pretext (blurb to introduce): Information on school fees and bursaries and further updates about some latests developments.

by Petr Pospíšil

Renewing accreditation with the Czech Ministry of Education

Following the British inspection we have been busy in January to prepare and submit an application for re-accreditation to the Czech Ministry of Education. Our current accreditation with Czech authorities to provide learning program for children and learners of compulsory school age will expire this August 2019. We have submitted an application to extend for another five years.

School prefects

To further build on our strengths confirmed by the inspection in the area of personal development we will be introducing School Prefects. We are now selecting representatives from each house, who are also excellent role models, to act as school prefects. Selected pupils will be granted the privilege of holding a special badge and charged with helping teachers to develop a safe learning and school environment.

Heating in the tent

Over the winter holidays we managed to place two extra heaters into our tent. We are now testing this improvement and, based on the results, will eventually plan some next steps. Please, be aware that the tent in not a proper gym. It is an outside playground cover by a tent and should be treated as such. When temperatures get closer to zero we can achieve a maximum temperature of about 13 degrees celsius. Therefore, kids should wear at least two layers for their lower body and three layers for the upper body. Thermal underwear and long sleeve tops are best options. Look out for more information on this.

Tuition Fees 2019/2020

We would like to inform you that we are issuing the new School Fees List for the upcoming school year 2019/2020. This document will be available on our school website soon. For the next school year the fees will remain unchanged.

Financial support - Bursaries 2019/2020

We are also announcing that the school office is accepting applications for bursaries for the school year 2019/2020. You can access the application form here. The deadline for parents to submit the application is the end of February 2019. As we developed a new system based on bursary policy and scores, we would like to take this opportunity and introduce the system to all of you:

Each application for a bursary is scored in the following way: Quality of the application (completeness including provided confirmation of income, information in the point 1 of the application) – max 0.2 point Family coming from a foreign country – max 0.2 point Proportion of school fees vs income – max 0.4 point Number of children (2 and more) – max 0.1 point Another liabilities (mortgage, loan, etc.) – max 0.1 point

Gained points are transferred to percentages (0.5 = 50%). The maximum possible bursary is 75% of the standard school fees (parents being charged the remaining 25%). That means that if the standard fee is for instance 10 000 CZK, the maximum bursary that can be achieved is 7 500 CZK. If an application scored 50% in the point system, the allocated bursary is 3 750 CZK. If the application scored 100%, the allocated bursary is the entire 7 500 CZK and the billed fees would be reduced to 2 500 CZK.

We believe that bursaries may help some families with their budget. We are truly happy for every family that decides to choose our school to be the next on the educational journey of their child or children.

Why should your child attend iSchool?

They will gain perfect knowledge of English.

Your child will become a global citizen with wide understanding of local and international topics.

We put a strong emphasis on the development on subject specific skills rather than on acquisition of knowledge.

Emphasis on skills development (not just memorising).

Individual approach; school’s ability to motivate for improvement.

Your child will be excited to come to school.

School philosophy

You are not buying success, you are paying for the school to monitor your child’s progress to their goals and motivate them to fulfil their potential.

We are not a selective school: we believe that everybody can be successful.